Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wobble/Rocker card





I made this card using the squirrel from Create a Critter. I started with the shadow feature of the squirrel at 5". I welded an oval from George and Basic Shapes to the bottom . I then copied this shape and flipped it. I then welded the two halves together to make the card. Two ovals slightly smaller were added to this screen for grass on the card.
Below is my gypsy screen for some of the card parts. I cut three of layer 1 from a rust/brown .Hide the face features on one for the back. (I flipped one for the back). This layer also has two of the base(one flipped) which were cut from dark brown.



This is the 3rd layer with another base for behind the wobble head, two tail stripes from layer 2(one flipped)cut from light brown, and the face from layer 3, cut from cream.

Assemble the card making a back to match the front,  without the face. I only made a face on the part that wobbles. I trimmed the wobble head so it only had the head. I made the wobble mechanism by winding light craft wire about 10 times around a paintbrush handle. I used glue dots to attach one end of the mechanism to the back of the head and the other end to the corresponding area of the card front. I added acorn accents to help keep the card from tipping over from either side. 


I added "Nuts about You", cut at 4 3/4" from rust/brown. and light brown , inside for the sentiment.
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Super cute card! That's a great tutorial for showing how you made it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to have found your blog. I am getting my new gyspy any day now. So thank you for showing a little about it.lolol I will be lost. I became a follower so I will return for more wonderful inspiration. pennykitz.blogspot.com
    pennykitz@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your LO's and cards!! I would like to give you a blog award!! At my blog you can find it and all the details...
    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/2011/02/blog-award.html
    Your stuff is great!!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete